YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. WE HAVE ANSWERS.
The gang at Socially Geared knows what we offer is unique, so you probably have some questions. We are not just a bike rental company in Coeur d’Alene, we are not just a scenic bike tour in Coeur d’Alene or just a taxi in Coeur d’Alene but we are all of those wrapped in to one big party for friends, co workers and family. Next time you gather everyone up for a good time downtown, go in style with the Socially Geared party bike.
If we don’t answer your questions below, please feel free to contact us to get more information
1. HOW LONG IS YOR SEASON?
Starting in the 2018 season, we will open our season on the 2nd Saturday in May and we will accept our last tour on the 2nd Saturday in October. Of course, these dates are weather-dependent.
2. WHAT DAYS DO YOU OPERATE?
Starting in the 2018 season, we will begin operating THURS – SUN.
MON-WED tours may be available by special request only, depending on driver availability.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR TOUR TIMES?
Our standard tour times are:
4. HOW LONG ARE YOUR TOURS?
Our standard tours are 2 hours.
5. HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN YOUR BIKE HOLD?
We require a minimum of 8 people and limit the maximum number of passengers to 14 people. Groups with fewer than 8 people will be canceled with NO REFUND & NO RE-SCHEDULING. Groups with more than 14 people will not begin until total group size is 8-14 people.
6. WHERE DO WE GET PICKED UP?
Starting in the 2018 season, we will only pick up at a pre-determined location that the customer must select when they make their reservation.
Customers may choose from:
1. Coeur d’Alene Resort (2nd Street @ Sherman Ave)
2. Midtown Pub (826 N. 4th Street)
3. Crafted Tap House (523 Sherman Ave)
7. WHERE DO WE GET DROPPED OFF?
Customers can be dropped off anywhere in the downtown CDA area or at the pick-up location for the next tour. Please ask driver before start of your tour.
8. WHAT IS THE COST?
Starting in the 2018 season, we now charge a flat fee of $350 for 8-14 people for a 2-hour tour.
9. HOW DO WE MAKE A RESERVATION?
To make a reservation, we strongly encourage you to visit our website and click the “BOOK A TOUR” button. Simply review the available tour times and enter your information.
10. DO YOU SELL GIFT CERTIFICATES?
Yes we do. Please email for details.
11. DO YOU MAKE DONATIONS TO CHARITABLE NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS?
We do not. Due to the overwhelming requests for donations each year, we no longer make donations. However, we do extend a 20% discount ($70 off of 2-hour tour) to charitable non-profit organizations that provide proof of official IRS 501c(3) documentation.
Please email for discount and gift certificate.
12. IS ALCOHOL ALLOWED ONBOARD?
Yes, but beer and wine only. No distilled spirits are allowed!
RULES REGARDING ALCOHOL:
1. Again, beer & wine only…no distilled spirits.
2. Bring your own beer/wine and serve yourself. The City of Coeur d’Alene does not allow us to sell or serve alcohol.
3. You are only allowed to consume alcohol when you are physically on the bike. Since the City of Coeur d’Alene has open container laws, you may be issued a citation if you step off of the bike with open containers of alcohol.
4. If you have alcohol on board, there are no minors allowed. You can have one or the other…but not both.
13. DO ALL RIDERS NEED TO BE 21 YEARS OF AGE?
If there is alcohol on board, YES!
14. ARE KEGS ALLOWED ONBOARD?
Due to their excessive weight, full-sized kegs are not allowed. However, smaller pony-sized kegs are allowed.
15. IS FOOD ALLOWED ON THE BIKE?
Yes, light snacks are allowed. However, since the bike is constantly turning, things are constantly sliding…so please limit your snacks to dry and easy-to-clean items.
16. CAN I SIMPLY HOP ON WHEN I SEE THE SOCIALLY GEARED BIKE ROLLING BY?
All tours are private tours and all customers have signed liability waivers prior to starting the tour.
17. DO WE TIP THE DRIVER?
Tips are always appreciated. If you enjoyed your ride, please tip your guide.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CANCELATION POLICY?
We will gladly issue a full refund if you cancel with 24 hours of your scheduled tour. No refunds will be issued for cancellations with less than 24-hour notice.
If weather-related, we will issue a refund or re-schedule.
19. I DO NOT HAVE 8 PEOPLE IN MY GROUP. CAN WE STILL GO?
Through many years of experience we have learned that the Socially Geared bike requires a minimum of 8 people to power the bike. Since our bike is rather heavy, groups with fewer than 8 people have to work exceptionally hard. And no one enjoys that.
Again, groups with fewer than 8 people will be canceled with NO REFUND & NO RE-SCHEDULING.